Frampton on Severn Bowls Club
Frampton on Severn Bowls Club is located behind the Cadbury Hall in Lake Lane.
The Club began life as the Cadbury Bowls Club in 1925. When the Cadbury factory closed, the facility was purchased by the members, the green extended and the club renamed. The Club has its own social facilities, including bar and small kitchen for preparing light meals for matches. The current membership is around 80.
In recent years, the Club and individual members have enjoyed much success in competitions. The Men’s League Team have won the local Stroud League several times in the last few years, and several individual members have won county and regional competitions, progressing through to the all England finals.
The majority of Club matches, though, are friendlies against other local clubs and visiting touring teams. Apart from league matches, almost all games are mixed, an increasingly common pattern in the sport. Matches are usually at weekends, sometimes on both Saturday and Sunday. The green and clubhouse are also open during the week, afternoons and evenings, with members going along just for a companionable roll-up on the green.
The Club is very active in other ways. The green is maintained by a professional company assisted by club members, and is noted as one of the best in the area. Members do all the general maintenance as well as bar and tea duties. The clubhouse itself was built by the members.
New members are always welcome, and for beginners, qualified coaching is available.
For further information, and for information about joining,
Contact the Secretary Tom Griffiths at email@example.com
Chairman Dave Merrett at firstname.lastname@example.org
Link to Club Website framptonbowls.co.uk